Friday, June 19, 2009

 

Pollan

I've finally gotten around to reading one of Michael Pollan's books. Not sure why I resisted for so long but it might have to do with the argumentative style he takes.

I started "In Defense of Food" last night and am enjoying it so far. It is interesting timing since the veggie CSA I'm part of begins this weekend so the philosophical nature of the food intersects with availability quite nicely.

If you haven't read it, the basic premise is that food science and nutrition-based research on food and what we should be eating got out of hand and lead to the rise of processed foods, poor eating habits and public health problems. That's about as far I've gotten but I'll let you know how it turns out.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?