Sunday, February 26, 2006

 

Cooing and Whatnot

Hey all,
I became an Uncle the other night when my sister gave birth to a baby boy. All are doing well and the family is excited to have a new member. What had been anticipation of the birth and arrival of the baby has now transitioned to a period I call "cooing and whatnot." A time when we all gather round making funny faces and noises at the child until he responds.

Samuel George is the snappers name and at this point he is a little nub of a baby so it's hard to say what he looks like. He basically just eats, poops, cries and sleeps. I have to admit a bit of jealousy in that regard.

As Uncle, I've identified my key roles in Sammy G's life:
-be cooler than his parents,
-run him around at family parties so he gets grass stains on his nice clothes,
-when he's a teenager, get him drunk at weddings,
-and finally, as his food oriented uncle, make sure he's a snob about what he eats by age 12. This is especially important since his father is a vegetarian, I'll have to work hard to keep tofu off his plate.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?