Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

what I'm reading

Hi,
Adam at VdV gave me "Emperor of Wine" to read. It is a profile of Robert Parkers rise to the top of the wine game and his impact on the way wine is made and criticized. It is surprisingly fascinating, at least to me. I'm only part way through but I'll let you know how it turns out (I think the butler did it).

I also recently finished "My First Crush" by Alison Kaplans mom Linda. She and her husband bought a winery in Oregon and moved out from Iowa back about ten years ago. She had very little wine knowledge at the time and the book chronicles her entrance into the industry and the many adventures they had along the way. It's a fun little read though it is probably targeted more to women who may find themselves perplexed by the wine world and want a non-technical introduction as it is informative to those with little wine knowledge beyond the basics. Sidebars provide in-depth information on production and tasting factors that are mentioned in the text.

Comments:
Once again documenting that people are generally "from Iowa" and don't move there...generally, as I said.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?