Wednesday, April 27, 2005

 

Wednesday papers

I hope to make this a recurring feature of the blog; a roundup of what the major papers are featuring in their wednesday food sections.
I have to be quick today due to too many things going and too little time to get them done.

The NY Times has an interesting article on wine and cheese pairings. This reminds me of the time Karl, Antonio, Rob and I went to Portland ME in college and Antonio was whining all day so Rob kept saying "Do you want some cheese with your whine?". This kept up for several hours until we came across a sidewalk sign outside a restaurant advertising their wine and cheese special. We all laughed, Antonio posed for a picture and uh, we all went on to become famous for our hairstyles.

But I digress. Also in the NYT is a duck-off between the minimalist and some chef guy. I haven't actually read the article but I bet it rules. The minimalist is one of my favorite food columns so I hope he wins.

The Boston Globe has in its food section bupkis, as usual. And by bupkis, I mean diddly-squat. Their food section sucks mightily. They don't even have a wine column. THEY DON'T HAVE A WINE COLUMN! As Robyn might say: wtf? Anyway, there's something in there about pie.

That's all I got for today. Hopefully next week will be better.

Bu-bye.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?