Friday, April 22, 2005

 

a note on carnivegans

The carnivegans site that is sort of responsible for all this is a funny sort of response to veganism but as friend Molly asked, "are they serious?"

I don't think so but if you read they exchange they had with a self righteous veg, some people think they are. Personally, I think that veggies/vegans shortchange themselves by limiting their options. Carniveganism would be doing the same. For example, the site references mead as the only true carnivegan alcoholic drink. Mead sucks. I'd rather give up cow than drink nothing but mead.

Omnivores like myself get to enjoy all the best of meats, veggies, minerals, and whatever else they can consume. I limit my diet along lines like avoiding overly processed foods, trans fats, and things like tripe and offal. Otherwise I'm likely to eat whatever appeals to me and that's why I'm here with a blog devoted to eating and drinking.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?